Monday, December 11, 2017

I just finished reading this book Fight Club, have you ever heard about it?

I closed the book and put it down, staring blankly ahead. The hell did I just read?

I smiled because it was a good piece of read. I haven't had my mind boggled like that since the last time I saw the movie adaptation, a long time ago, young and dumb and didn't know better. Now I could see why that was a movie of many's favorite. A cult. I could see the charm back then, but after reading the book, I understand.

On the other hand, I felt a twinge of sadness, because it's over. Honestly I didn't want it to finish reading that quickly, but it was 200-ish pages of excitement and familiarity, action and confusion. What am I saying.

You know the feeling when you've finished a good book and now you're sad to be back to your boring reality? Well.. it's my state now. I know deep inside that a good book shouldn't be a mere escape from my reality, and it's supposed to change my life for the better. But that's just wishful thinking.

I haven't been exactly an avid reader, the most I could do was with comics and light comedy novels, and that's why I was excited to be actually reading a book to the point of finishing it in just a few days. Speaking of which, have I told you about Action Philosophers? Well, it's comic, but I recommend it nonetheless.

I've been trying to read more, because of how bad my attention span gets nowadays, especially now that I don't have classes anymore. I couldn't get through a 15-minutes YouTube video without getting distracted, mainly by my phone. I couldn't get my brain to correspond to my general muscle memory, like when I'm doing things but my mind is wandering elsewhere (or nowhere, it's just dormant).

I've always wanted to be a writer, even now. Doesn't matter what I write, I just typed away. And what better ways to start being a good writer than reading a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment