Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Morris

Morris is about to reach his 24th birthday
and like Blink-182 lyrics said "nobody likes you when you're 24"
and Morris is just like "well no shit, I don't like me either."

"I like you," said him but he forgot he just turned 24
"Maybe cut your hair first." She retorted.
"I guess my hair's also 24, then." He remarked, she just looked at him funny.
"And you're too short," and Morris for once was grateful he was not actually a male.

"Am I valid?" He looked at himself in the mirror, going weary.
"I'm..."
"I'm growing my hair then."

(Fuck who's watching) everyone in the coffee shop. Morris wears his baseball cap to hide it, nobody seems to care.
"Your coffee.." the barista put a cup on the counter and smiled, "Morris."
"I just wish you don't remember my name so much." He thinks. Professionalism is a real thing.

Strum once. Strum twice.
"We can be together," he sang out, "if you want to."
"I don't wanna leave," his voice cracked, "if you don't wanna."
Why is it so hard to hear your own voice?

"I got another five years," Morris showed her the card, "I'd give it to you."
"Why?"
"Got no use for it anyway."
"Morris," she held his hands on the table, "it's never personal."

Morris was never really into amusement park, but the crowd gave him a false sense of comfort.
And concert is another thing. Someone taller accidentally knocked his cap off.
"Sorry," the stranger mumbled. He smiled apologetically, picked up his cap and return it.
"It's fine," Morris said.

"I'm Neil." and Morris for the second time was grateful that he was not actually a male.

No comments:

Post a Comment