Thursday, September 15, 2022

Dream A Little Dream of...

Lately I've been having dreams every single night. 

Dreams are always a tad weird. They're realistic enough to make you remember bits of it, but too absurd to actually draw conclusion from. Most times if I were asked to describe my dreams, I can only say "I remember there's [...] and [...]", but I can't ever tell what the dream really *is* about. 

For example, last night I remember I dreamt something about smuggling a hamster into a cruise ship, but I was in the body of a male criminal who bribes his way to get good bed in the ship. And the bed was actually medical bed so they had to infuse me with neutral solution as if I was sick. But I can't really say why I was there, why hamster, why I was a criminal, who I was really representing (reflection of real life), or what the dream was ultimately about.

A few nights ago I dreamt about burning a wooden food stall because the owner was a stingy bastard. Hell, I didn't even know *why* my dream decided that he was evil enough to deserve that. In the same dream, there was a lady in the neighborhood who was a know-it-all type. She got out of my house and I locked the front gate, but then my father asked mom why the front gate was locked. (Uhh I was locking it?) I asked why he didn't just ask me since I was there in the yard, but he said he didn't want me to know that he was hunting for demons. He squatted in the corner of the front yard, backs towards me, making sounds to call demons (I guess?) then all of a sudden he turned to me and a demon jumped in front of me. I immediately woke up in that jumpy dream sequence, sitting straight. Wide awake.

They're just... so random that I gave up journaling the dream. Sometimes I don't even know if what I remembered actually happened in the dream, or that my consciousness decided to draw non-existent line just so I could make even just a tad bit sense of what it was about. *Why* did I dream about my father hunting demons? Why did I wake up jumpy?

I really wonder if there is a study regarding how we dream and how it implicates to the individual's real life personality. Is it healthy for me to be dreaming absurd dreams every single night? Why did the dreams start only recently? Why is my dream so damn active when in reality I don't really do much or read many fantasy novels? Does it mean my brain is just looking for output from all that imagination but I can't put it into words? I have so many questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment