Monday, January 17, 2011

Furs and Tale

There. I stood still, staring through the window glass with full focus, capturing every motion of that creature again. It just sat down there on the front yard of my house, backing me with vision locked to the direction of the tree branches. Sometimes it gracefully turned his head to its sides, almost exchanged glimpse with me. I wanted those pair of eyes to meet mine. I wished for it to happen, but that was just silly. I could watch its motion forever, if it doesn't leave me first.

Yes. There was nothing more weird and exciting at the same time than staring silently at a cat. I love cats more than you could imagine. No exceptions. I don't pick my favorite cat, because generally I love them all. Whether it's Tabby Cat, Persian, Maine Coon, or whatever, I don't care. I like seeing their silly attitude and adorableness, even when they could be terribly annoying. There's always this inside feeling to hug every of them I meet, directly or just visually.

Cats are everywhere. They are in my school, house neighborhood, across the street, even in mall parking lots. I once lived in a neighborhood full of wild dogs, but I was still able to meet lots of cats. Their survival skill is high. They salvage your outside garbage can to search for organic trash we don't need, steal some fresh meat or fish from your sloppily opened kitchen, or fight each other to snatch food from.

They are amazing individualistic animals. They don't spend time in groups even when they sometimes need company. They don't give a damn about each other. If they don't like a certain one, they fight. They're no hypocrites.

Cats don't give a damn about their owner. They will come when they need food and leave after business finished. They receive your hugs and pets just to kill the time. They thank us in selfish ways. When they're not eating, they will play... alone or by another cat. They scratch your sofa, rip off your curtain, aim the TV cable, or attack your ballpoint through their fantasy adventure. They do actions we'd love to take moments to watch.

Cats mate with whichever partner they want and won't care about it. Mother cats don't whine for having so much children and she would raise them well until her kids have to live on their own. There are so much love and ignorance from the parents, but they survive anyway.

Cats live in total freedom. They do what they want, they do what they need and nothing changes their minds. Cats spend 1/6 of their lifetime to clean up by licking their body with tongue. They are useless for humans, pet or not. Cats annoy you, disturb you, break your stuffs, make you clean their mess but bring you charm at the same time.

To me, my love to cats is like a blind love. I love them despite all things they are capable to do to torture my sanity. Their manner inspires me and their beauty attracts me. They have a pair of eyes that could pierce sharply to you when annoyed, or blankly stare at you in fear and curiosity. Their face expresses fondness toward your kind but nevertheless scared that you might shove it away. They gaze upon you with a begging look and also represent a mind that says "If you don't want to, I can take better care of myself" at the exact moment.

I want to be like cats. I want to be able to care about nothing I don't want to. I want to ignore how someone left me alone and meet them again as if nothing happened. I want to survive every place like they do. I adore their irresistible cuteness. I like that expression on their faces when they climb a tree or receive meal from their owner.

I can't understand people who dislike cats. Sure, they're annoying, but to me cats just represent our ideal, ignorant lifestyle. We are now being demanded by career, aspiration to be wealthy and needs of unimportant things. In fact, what we basically need are just like cats: food to survive, and clothes - when it's furs to them, and a place, or several places, to stay. We would just do what we need to... just like cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment