Saturday, December 4, 2010

Turns Older

Today my class is having a blast for our homeroom teacher is having his birthday and we all celebrated it at school. We made him a huge greeting card and by huge, I mean it's sized as big as a wall magazine in average is. It consisted of collection of small greeting cards from each of us classmates. We made it a surprise. One of us called him to our class and then we yelled 'Happy Birthday' out loud as we offered him the gift and a chocolate cake we bought. I seriously don't think he would ever be amazed or anything because other classes had beaten us to give him surprise. I've heard twice of Happy Birthday song sang outside before us. Despite so, he still seemed to like the card we created and told us to eat the cake instead of him. After the not-so-great surprise party, he went home. We munched the chocolate treat afterward, then the kids started cream and glazing war, where everyone got to be touched by the chocolate whip cream and glazing of the cake. As the ridiculous stunt ended, I ran home. Well, not literally.... but that's when the story finished.

A thing or two from the event? I begin to think of what a forty-six year old man like him has in mind when it comes to his birthday... Is he happy to grow older? Has he achieved things he wanted throughout his life? If not, does he still have the spirit to chase his dreams? Or does he realize that there are things that prevent him on doing so?

Truth spoken, I don't even know. That's why I want to know. I, being a teenager, have a nature to act to my heart's content and sometimes, without even considering the compassion of elderly generation.
Pattern of opinion between young and old are different. That's clearly obvious. Elderly might know some things better than the youngsters because they have been experiencing life longer than the young, but not anything. And what young generations know more than the elder is not much. In fact, young and elder should corroborate.
For example, if youngsters know how to use blogger, which is what elders can't do, the older generation knows how to fill the blog with more useful things.

Perhaps, in a teen's mind, breaking the law is not a big deal. It's even considered 'cool'. That's a shame, because the elders have made such system to prevent anything dangerous. I think the best solution might be discussing the 'law' or 'rules' between young and old generations. I believe both parties have reason for what they're doing.

Elder has more logical control, while the youngsters still need emotion management. It's what differs both the most. Stuffs young people learn at school may be forgotten by the elderly, but logic never escapes them. In return, the young can learn logic from elderly, but the elders, who might experience decreasing of memory, cannot learn how to memorize from young. Simply, that what makes elder a teacher of the young. And the experience as the best teacher, because old people also study from experience.

Okay, that was confusing. I'm just a teenager. Just as other typical types, I act as if I'm already mature, denying things I really am, doing rude things without considering compassion, and writing a blog I don't even want to read. Basically I seem like a hypocrite. Maybe I am, but I don't wanna be one.

The best thing about youngsters is that they have the true potential to change the world. I do believe in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment