Friday, January 9, 2015

Breathe.

HELLO EVERYONE since this is my first post in the year 2015, I want to say happy new year to y'all who celebrate it. Me? I don't usually celebrate it. About three (or four) years ago or so I went to town on New Year's Eve to celebrate it with my friends. Never again. It's just too crowded, traffic everywhere, loud anywhere, just not worth it, man. I've never been a party animal, yeah. So, the last two-- or three? -- years I'm just sitting inside my house, playing computer games and listening to music, the usual business, like it's nothing.

Yeah, it's nothing, really. I said I'm not a festive asset. It's just 31st to 1st and what's the big deal tho.

On the other hand, well, yeah, I'm glad that some people use this opportunity to change themselves to their better selves, you know, like "new year, new me". I just wish them the best of luck for their new year resolutions. Although I don't know why they just don't change earlier, like, you know, if you're really determined to change, the sooner the better, right? But silly me being judgemental, I don't even have resolutions to be better.

I want to have resolutions, though. But instead of setting it on January 1st, I set it... tomorrow. Why? Because, tomorrow is possibly the day where my academic grades come out, and my priorities now are located at them. You know, the grades. If they're bad, I'll try better next semester. If they're good, I'm striving for more excellence. That easy.

Well, actually, I want to gain more experience in my uni years so this semester's grades will just tell me how I've been doing so far. If they're bad, it means I need to focus on academics more and if they're good enough, it means I may be able to manage my time and squeeze some cool activities that I want to do, like mountain hiking (since I've never been on one and Bandung is surrounded by mounts so I figured it would be a shame if I've never been on one), or volunteering for charity work (I just wish I have enough conscience to be doing one), or applying for kahim.

God. The last one's a joke, even for myself.

To conclude it all, I just want to start striving in my uni years. I've heard things like "good grades don't guarantee your future", but let me think this way, if even good grades don't guarantee my future, what the hell is going to happen with my future if I can't even manage good grades?

Indonesianya sih kalo nilai bagus aja gak menjamin, apalagi nilai jelek?

No comments:

Post a Comment