Monday, January 16, 2017

Q

Quick update: The three weeks of vacation finally ends, and I'm currently already in Bandung, far far away from my hometown I dearly loved, but that's okay because thanks to the latest technology development it can all be traveled in only a few hours. I can't really sleep last night and it's already 5.31 in the morning, so I guess I'd just man this one up and get myself some real coffee before going to class at 1 pm.

I always have this kind of notion that... I'm not really here, so to speak. I feel like a different person here and there; in Bandung vs in my hometown. I guess I'm just naturally weak in mentality and easily influenced. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but in Bandung I feel like a liberated individual who can do anything, and has the will to do a lot of things... except studying. Back there at home I'm nothing but an academically overachiever. That one is also an overstatement, because it didn't even feel like trying. Hometown had become just about the perfect utopia for me, the bubble I dip myself into where everything is the way I desire to. It's a beautiful city, truly is, but I can't feel motivated in any way to do anything other than eating and spending time with family. The problem is, I already left a big part of my soul there, one which I can't seem to get back. I've always been drawn to home, in the truest sense.

What am I saying. I had a lot of ideas to write today when I was on the airplane, but now I forget all about it. I think I'll just make this post about my actual life right now. I'm safe and sound here, in my current Bandung residence, the one I mentioned in my previous fiction Contraband (shameless self promotion) where privacy is "minimum to none", but don't worry, I'm staying here legitimately, paying rent and all.

See you when I see you guys.
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment